Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Application for Blackberry

Since there are apps for the iPhone and Andoid, how about a app for Blackberry? Blackberry's are more prevalent in my groups than iPhone's and Andoid's.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rusty.caufieldrusty.caufield shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Renee RebeloRenee Rebelo shared a merged idea: Blackberry App!  ·   · 
    RozalynRozalyn shared a merged idea: Meetup app for blackberry  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: create a meetup app for Blackberry  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Create an app or interface for Blackberrys that is easy to navigate instead of through a browser.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Meetup for Blackberry users  ·   · 
    AliAli shared a merged idea: make a Blackberry app!  ·   · 
    declined  ·  Greg WhalinGreg Whalin responded  · 

Blackberry usage is a small % of our overall mobile usage and is falling. We are not planning on investing resources into blackberry development.

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ecoeco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they probably got the stats from their web analytics. very simple, it tells you which browsers, OS, devices etc. people are using to access your site. I'm sure that's how they based their decision.

• AinuraAinura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

that's too bad. and where did you get that information from? it is different for different countries.

• mirzamirza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can black berry and iphone produce a phone with combine technology or as a merger strategy

• AtulAtul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hear Blackberry is #1 in Indonesia and extremely popular in Korea, India & the middle east....

Would anybody have any hard stats?

(All the places that Meetup is too scared to go.)-;

Blackberry Meetup Groups around the world using Meetup Explore:

http://www.meetup.com/find/#?keywords=blackberry&userFreeform=&mcId=&mcName=&categories=&view=masonry&sort=default&radius=Infinity&offset=0&psize=30&currentpage=1&_suid=134758815188803173072164258453

Blackberry Meetup group list by topic:

http://blackberry.meetup.com/

• diahannadiahanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am signing off of Meetup as a direct result of not being able to read the calendar events on my Blackberry. Many business owners and business staff use Blackberry. Seems to be a highly marketable group left out.

• LouLou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a little disappointed with your lack of empathy in this... Many Blackberry users are corporate types and our phone decisions are made by others within our corps...

A text option for emails would be a start...
        Please reevaluate your decision.
        Lou
        member of 24+ meetup groups in WA and UT

• Dennis ReumerDennis Reumer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Greg,

Might we offer some assistance then ?
        http://www.meetup.com/BBDevGroupNL

The statement your making is kind of bold and unsubstantiated, as the numbers of sold BlackBerries are still in the >11 million. I agree that they are not as great as Apple or Android, but none the less there are 75 million BB users world wide, that also might want to use Meetup.

I just heard a news story 2 days ago that Blackberry sales have just dropped 60%. Anybody know more about this? Does Meetup know something we don't?

I heard Blackberries still outsell iphones where I live in Canada and many other places around the world.

But then again meetup often has its head in sand for many things such as thinking the rest of the world uses miles, US dollars, and acts the same way as the US, etc.... Maybe that is why meetup isn't catching on in India, Central/South America, Asia & Africa. (But I guess that is only a small part of the world as far as Meetup is concerned ;-)

I'm using android now, but will I be switching to Blackberry.

Though their playbook vs ipad is a different story, I'd still probably eventually buy a playbook. I just never liked apple for some reason.

I would be interested if Greg Whalin could provide us with his stats to prove me wrong! ;-)

It is actually Meetup that is a small % of social networking while Facebook is 100 times bigger.

• GrrrrGrrrr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the BB users: I understand your disappointment but I can tell you the Android app is pretty sad so it's not like you are really missing much. Better off just using the mobile site.

• FlorenceFlorence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Greg, I think your response is untrue. You have no way of knowing that. I belong to a very active social group through meetup in my home town. We have blackberry users that really want an app. We are behind the times compared to our iphone friends. We have the fb app but no meetup app. Lame.

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a blackberry user. I have started 4 meetup groups, one growing to more than 400 Young Entrepreneurs and has been meeting up since 2006.

I have another group that's tasked me with starting yet another meetup group but I can't even rsvp for my own group meetings. I would ask that you poll administrators. There has to be another "important" administrators and business people that are embarrassed by not even being able to participate in their own meeup groups. Please give us some alternatives.

• Universe5155Universe5155 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Greg-how do you know this? Is there a special program you have that tells you who uses BB, iPhone, and Android etc...?

• Dennis WebbDennis Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Blackberry usage is a small % of our overall mobile usage..." I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT. It is really annoying to not have this app on my BB.

• amyvandenbergamyvandenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can access meet up on my black berry, but no button appears for when I want to post something. HELP

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Def need one for Blackberry. As well as to adjust emails format to have them readable on BB. Thanks

Def need one for Blackberry. As well as to adjust emails format to have them readable on BB. Thanks

I agree. It should have been available a looong time ago. What's holding it up?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base