Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

How about an Android app? I travel a lot and being able to find a MeetUp on my phone would be great.

I don't carry a computer as much now that I have an EVO, and the full website doesn't format well on my Android browser. A MeetUp app would be perfect for finding MeetUps on the road. Thanks

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RJLRJL shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DavisDavis shared a merged idea: droid app for meetup  ·   · 
    WW shared a merged idea: Please create a droid meetup app. Thanks.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: create an android app  ·   · 
    dougdoug shared a merged idea: android app  ·   · 
    sam dearmondsam dearmond shared a merged idea: why not a DROID app????  ·   · 
    Misha S.Misha S. shared a merged idea: make a meetup app available for the android market  ·   · 
    DianneDianne shared a merged idea: An app for Androids! (Sony Xperia 10)  ·   · 
    RussRuss shared a merged idea: create a meetup app for Android  ·   · 

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately in China, I can not access the Meetup web page for reasons unknown. I currently have 5 meetup groups and maybe an Android apps could by pass this problem when I travel in China. Sometimes I am just too lazy to travel with a notebook then I have to rely even more on my Android phone with WIFI in hotels.

• DeepakDeepak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As we see more android phones hitting the market after a great piece of marketing ploy adopted by google by launching nexus one. Many of the HTC and samsung fones are all coming up with the android OS. I was wondering if we can have an android app as we have for the iphone users. I am not aware of the developing team that developed and released the app for the Iphone, but i think there may be many more like me using android phone and would love to contribute the get a meetup app on our phones too.

• Lish0usLish0us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for taking our requests seriously! With an app for my Android device I can save data usage on email as I get multiple reminders throughout the week!

• Anand Babu PeriasamyAnand Babu Periasamy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please support Android. It is painful to manage meetups, when you are away from your laptop. Android is more commonly used by meetup users than iPhone.

• MichieMichie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to here that there will be an Android app for MeetUp soon. I want to checkin!

• android_userandroid_user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

considering android has the a larget market share than the iphone, i think we definitely need an android app!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think everyone voting/commenting on this would be happy to provide input on the most helpful features to show/hide. Keep us posted - thanks!!

• DavisDavis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like a droid app for meetup. looked at whats put there, but there aren't great choices please help

• AngelaAngela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That fact that Meetup is working on this creates a bright spot in my otherwise dreary (as of late) Meetup experience. Thanks for listening!

• Michael PamphletMichael Pamphlet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any work being done for a Windows Phone 7 app? I like the fact that phone app allows location based notifications of meetups. This is VERY helpful.

• BillBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Android, Socializer is great. However, there isn't an ability for an organizer or assistant organizer to access any of the group options such as approving a member or posting an event.

• Katrina Katrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frequent Meetup'er here and an app for Android would simplify the process of RSVP'ing, sending messages when I've arrived, etc.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base