Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Bring back member photos

I used to be able to see many pictures of other members, all the ones they had uploaded as well as tagged photos. Now all I can see is one photo of their uploaded pictures (and it won't allow a bigger picture by clicking it anymore) and their tagged pictures.
The thumbnail picture is often too small to tell what someone looks like so you can't recognize them at a meetup. And many people don't have any tagged photos, so that leaves just one small thumbnail to see, when they may have uploaded many to share.

176 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LeonardLeonard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back viewing multiple photos of members  ·   · 
    DEANDEAN shared a merged idea: Restore the ability to click on members photos.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Pics viewable as thumbnails only  ·   · 
    Karen BKaren B shared a merged idea: Why can we not only see one pix posted to a member's profiles? This started mid 9/2013. Pix tell a lot about someone. Can you put it back  ·   · 
    Karen BKaren B shared a merged idea: Reinstate the multiple profile pix on members' profiles, they tell a lot. Many of us have varied interests, why did you change this?  ·   · 
    wendywendy shared a merged idea: Why did you remove the "closed to new members" option? Bring it back!  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kEITH j.kEITH j. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree .... as an Organizer, we used those photos to identify people and as a screening process for approval into our group. I don't get it, why would you make those photos that someone voluntarily put into their profile available for viewing ?

• DexDex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! I can't imagine why someone thought it was a good idea to take them away. Now I can't identify people at meetups - sometimes when I'm trying to actually find the group at the location, not just when I'm trying to put a name to a face. Also, a lot of the events I go to are dating events for singles. I want to see pictures: in advance *and* after the meetup.

Feedback and Knowledge Base