Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

New waitlist system

I interpret this to mean that I no longer see who is waitlisted unless I use automatic. I have never liked automatic because as the organizer I would like to control who from the waitlist gets confirmed when a spot opens up. Now I can't do that.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DianaDiana shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Jason Jason shared a merged idea: The new wait list feature is horrible. Please change it back.  ·   · 
    Toronto Weekend AdventurersToronto Weekend Adventurers shared a merged idea: WAITLIST IMPROVED? From great to bad to WORST Ever + "good to see you" and member intros  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lori JillLori Jill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 on the waiting list on an event, but it doesn't show on the front home page of my group as there is even a wait at all - this was a huge call to action for future events. It made my members know not to delay or they couldn't get in. I am also now getting more emails from my members asking if they can get into an event because it doesn't put them on a list!!!

I do not like that it is gone!!!

Plus, now I have no way to message just the people on the waiting list to set up another event. I have to write them each individually. I use to use the drop down and communicate with everyone on the waitlist in one message. :-(

• PDPD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not a fan of the renaming of it to 'I want a spot'. That sounds bit pushy, almost in the face of the organizer. 'Waiting List' was better and less aggressive sounding.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workaround: suggest putting attendance limit at 1 and using "edit RSVPs" to manually add people. You'd want to describe what you are doing in the event description, ie "there's room for 10, put your name on the waitlist and ...wait for acceptance...."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, exactly! Sometimes the control (hand-picking) is for the safety and enjoyment of the whole group, such as for long / technical trail runs or hikes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base