Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Please do NOT take away our option [as Organizers] to close the group to new members

184 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike TrygstadMike Trygstad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    gillgill shared a merged idea: Restore setting allowing organizers to close group to new members.  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aura LeeAura Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like to have the option to close my group to new members. Currently I have a note on the home page that specifically says "This group private and not open to new members." People still sign up because they can and they don't read the description.

• Bill RolandBill Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I open my group periodically to bring make members friends new members. But I do not want to have a giant group. I want to keep my group small and manageable maintaining a very high quality. Ideally, I would like to have the option to have the group opened or closed to new members with the ability to add new members by inviting them to the group. This should be easily accomplished using the member's email address. An email could be sent using the Meetup system inviting the member to join. The only way organizers can get the email address is by getting from the member.

Feedback and Knowledge Base