Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

I really DO NOT LIKE the new home page. Much perfer the old one.

The old home page was much more useful.

225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JohnJohn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Your new user interface is nice but it has two problems:  ·   · 
    margemarge shared a merged idea: New design  ·   · 
    BruceBruce shared a merged idea: Go back to the old look!  ·   · 
    JenJen shared a merged idea: I want to the old homepage back  ·   · 
    MonicaMonica shared a merged idea: New home page is better but too light  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please please please bring back the old home page or something like it where it shows the other people RSVPs etc  ·   · 
    GriffGriff shared a merged idea: Bring Back 'Old ' Home page  ·   · 
    Manny DhaliwalManny Dhaliwal shared a merged idea: Restore old home page with useful feedback/ pic comments or give Organiser ability/option to restore it.  ·   · 
    Mike Mike shared a merged idea: Please remove The new feature  ·   · 
    ClarissaClarissa shared a merged idea: The simple homepage is terrible !! Do not implement it  ·   · 
    PamelaPamela shared a merged idea: New site  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Hate the new look!!  ·   · 
    AnthonyAnthony shared a merged idea: MEETUP! What did you do. I just saw your new page...it is absolutely hideous..Go back to the old look, this is going the way myspace did  ·   · 
    PookiePookie shared a merged idea: Bring back the old layout with both feed and calendar visible on one page.  ·   · 
    Kurt WKurt W shared a merged idea: Why was the home page changed? I prefer the old format with feed on the left side.  ·   · 
    judyjudy shared a merged idea: Hello! I absolutely love all meetup has to offer, however, the new page is awful! The pics.(blurred etc), change it back please  ·   · 
    daviddavid shared a merged idea: Go back to the old homepage. I don't like the "simpler" homepage. I like the feeds on the homepage not under accounts.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I really don't like the new home page  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The interface for your website has gotten completely screwed up. Please fix it.  ·   · 
    Sarah MarieSarah Marie shared a merged idea: Bring back the old main page with RSVPs, discussions, and uploaded event photos!  ·   · 
    susansusan shared a merged idea: meetup homepage  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please put the news feed & the calendar back on the same page. It's better to see the feed & see calendar events with RSVPs simultaneously.  ·   · 
    Doggone/GADoggone/GA shared a merged idea: New Feature: A simpler homepage to discover Meetups you’ll love...want to bet? I HATE IT. I want it back like it was yesterday, with discus  ·   · 
    John CurranJohn Curran shared a merged idea: Please put the "My Feed" and Calendar back together o  ·   · 
    Robin cohenRobin cohen shared a merged idea: News feed  ·   · 
    PerryPerry shared a merged idea: Bring back the old my groups page.  ·   · 

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not care for the new home page. I prefer to see the calendar as it was, with the comments. I also need to see at a glance what is coming up for the groups I am in, and if I have RSVP'd. I don't care to see what is going on around me. If I did then I would be searching and signing up to those when I want. This new look is actually more time consuming for me and that is not what I want. This went from a nice interactive page to a blah list of stuff I don't need to see.

• JosephineJosephine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As organiser of a group I have received many comments from my group members saying much the same as others here that they are now missing events due to the feed not being the first thing they see. Most people I have spoken to liked the news feed and calendar being on the home page.

I am all for change and improvements but I feel this time this isn't easier for members.

I am aware feed is still there but not straight forward to see quickly at a glance.

Hope you can take on board peoples requests for feed to be on home page again.

:-)

I actually like the look and feel of the new homepage and prefer the display of events to the previous feed, However the loss of the ability to filter out the events that I am not attending unfortunately far outweighs all the other changes put together.

• GriffGriff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to see the calendar back the old way too, where you can see events you RSVPed for and events you have attended

• Kay PierceKay Pierce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really despise this drastic & unnecessary change to our home page that's being forced on us by Meetup. We want our old "NEWSFEED" on the left panel back! It is NOT simpler - its looks crowded, less streamlined, and contains info I don't want in my face.

If I really want learn about other meetups & events, I can use the "find Meetup" search, plus you sent this info to us already in an email every week. I don't like this change to my home page at all.

Why are trying fix what already worked? Please at least give us a choice - so I can select the classic non-invasive layout below. Bring back the NEWSFEED & Weekly Overview of events in my Meetup groups.

• PookiePookie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are the comments? Hiddnen?
        I would like to read other people's comments.

I would very much like to have feed and calendar on one page to make it easier for me to decide which meetup to attend. The new format makes it harder for me to choose which meetup to attend since I have to go back and forth "home page" and "my feed" page.

The way I used to learn of newly-added meetups was by glancing at the left column of the Meetup home page. That way I was alerted immediately -- even before any email arrived -- and could RSVP before the event filled up.

I don't need to have my next RSVP event in bold at the top of the page... that's a waste of "prime real estate" (the info has already been exported to my personal calendar). And if I want to see a chronilogical order of Meetups, I can do that with Meetups' calendar function.

What I want (and need) to see on the home page is what NEW MEETUPS have been added or changed --- NOT CHRONILOGICAL. Often it's when someone else RSVPs... say, for a meetup two months from now... that the info comes to my awareness, and I can sign up for it NOW, before it fills up.

One of the meetup groups I belong to has events that fill up within an hour of being announced, usually before the email arrives in my mailbox. If you wait for the email, you'll likely be stuck on a waiting list for the event. So I need to see the new events listed -- front & top, on the Meetup home page -- so I don't miss out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base