Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Allow multiple groups to collaborate on a meetup with shared RSVP limit

Allow multiple groups to collaborate on a meetup and share on RSVP limit. Currently meetup groups could do so much more to encourage participation if they just had the ability to collaborate on group. As is, one group has to take the lead and that means joining that group and all the ratings attribute to that group which some organizers are not willing to let happen.

1,024 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike SchinkelMike Schinkel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LarryLarry shared a merged idea: Cross promoting Events  ·   · 
    DexterDexter shared a merged idea: Be able to invite other groups to my group's event and copy their event to my calender  ·   · 
    KevinKevin shared a merged idea: It would be great to have a feature allowing one event to be linked to multiple groups, so there's one listing for shared events.  ·   · 
    Michelangelo SerraMichelangelo Serra shared a merged idea: Dear Friends We are working on a meet up platform. For organization reason, I would like to know if it is possible to post a communication o  ·   · 
    LyndaLynda shared a merged idea: Crossposting identically worded posts simultaneously on several Meetups  ·   · 
    Paul GPaul G shared a merged idea: Would like to have partner meetup groups  ·   · 
    KenKen shared a merged idea: Invite other Meet-ups to join your event.  ·   · 
    Lee RaguzLee Raguz shared a merged idea: Create an option to mirro or cross post one event across multiple groups so that there is a single attendee list and attendee limit.  ·   · 
    BenBen shared a merged idea: combine cross post meetups  ·   · 
    Keegan HayesKeegan Hayes shared a merged idea: Make it possible to co-sponsor/share meetups with other groups  ·   · 
    EnzoEnzo shared a merged idea: Set up a way to cross promote meetups with other groups  ·   · 
    KyleKyle shared a merged idea: I want an option to let an organizer post a meetup across multiple groups at once if he is authorizd  ·   · 
    RussRuss shared a merged idea: Make it possible to cross-promote meetup groups  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Be able to set up multiple Meetups groups for one event simultaneously  ·   · 
    JimmyJimmy shared a merged idea: cross post to another meetup group  ·   · 
    jaredjared shared a merged idea: Create the option for group coalitions.  ·   · 
    jaredjared shared a merged idea: Allow intergroup events.  ·   · 
    davidrfindlaydavidrfindlay shared a merged idea: allow all those who RSVP Yes in own meetup also show as attending on mine for joint hosted events  ·   · 
    CaseyCasey shared a merged idea: Simultaneous postings  ·   · 
    ShulaShula shared a merged idea: Post the same event in different groups  ·   · 
    redbankcharlieredbankcharlie shared a merged idea: As Organizer of 3 Groups, how can I list an Event in each Group without re-entering all the info?  ·   · 
    John LeMieuxJohn LeMieux shared a merged idea: Easily control one event posted to multiple meetup groups  ·   · 
    Mauro CiaccioMauro Ciaccio shared a merged idea: Linked events from multiple groups  ·   · 
    Tara GambyTara Gamby shared a merged idea: 5 meetup accounts-would like not to have to type the same event over and over.  ·   · 

126 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul IkedaPaul Ikeda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a second feature, you can mirror the description, RSVP list, comments, but not the setup rules.

You could just schedule multiple meetups at the same location/time. Divide the limit, as a waiting list forms on 1, remove spots on the other.

This could also be an easy feature to add. Don't worry about how each is setup, Simply combine the # attending from both groups for a very quick feature update.

I would also love groups to be able to share calendars to make it easier to avoid conflicts or see upcoming events you may be interested in.

• KnoxOutdoors.comKnoxOutdoors.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have one master attendee list so that you are not counting on each group how many are coming as well as the attendees would only get reminders from one group instead of all the groups. I run 3 groups and some people want to repost my stuff for their members, then we get people complaining about too many emails about one event. or that the same meetups are in multiple groups. and you want them to sign up in each group so it looks full and others want to attend a big meetup. SO make this work for us MEETUP!!! : )

I like the Shared calendar. I'm constantly checking the calendar of several similar groups in the area before scheduling only to see someone schedule a conflicting meetup 5 minutes after i posted mine.

• Michelangelo SerraMichelangelo Serra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gentlemen
        I would like to have news about the previous request made in March to utilizare a function, which is currently not available in the meetup, which allows to communicate simultaneously to all the meetup following Beppe Grillo dates of meetings, the local information, regional and national information .
        I would also like to know if you can make online voting on specific topics.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got done doing this between my group and another group. Would be great if there was an easier way!!!!

Yes it's an old request. Yes Meetup has ignored it so far. But we need to keep showing them we want this. We (organizers) are paying customers of Meetup.com and we'd like a response.

If you as an organizer want to make it "group policy" not to allow shared events fine. But there are groups that are more collaborative than that -- groups that want to share with their own membership, what other groups are doing.

I manage several groups, and collaborate with several more. All we need is a convenient way to include one group's event on another group's calendar -- with their permission of course.

If you don't intend to do this, please explain why.

• Meetup OrganizerMeetup Organizer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can explain several reasons why this is difficult for Meetup to do. For one there are permission issues: both regarding event visibility, and visibility of members who are not in the group "hosting" the event. At this point I'd settle for a clean way to host an event in group A, but publicize and link from Groups B, C, D and E. That would force members of any other group to join group A to RSVP, but then permissions, counts and visibility would be simple and work as they do now.

When the San Jose or Mount Diablo Astronomical Societies hold events my group might be interested in, I'd like to to be able to create a link that points to the actual events, keeps the RSVP, time and description as it is in the other group but makes that visible in my group.

• George KGeorge K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, and for many reasons. In fact many seasoned organizers have made it their group policy to not allow shared events. There is good and bad in everything but too many problems here.

• GwenGwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this should be re-reviewed by Meetup. I know our larger event planning would really benefit from this!

• Michael B.Michael B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow Steven... you're right! I have noticed 'top ideas' seem to be ignored by meetup and can't figure out why the ignore demand. I know of a lot of people who hav moved-on out of meetup, but I guess they count on a consistant in flow of new people?

• Steven ChristensonSteven Christenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know somewhere there is another similar idea which is a few months older than this one. I did a search and there are perhaps 1000 votes for this idea, but Meetup doesn't seem to be interested.

• FWMFWM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but also have organizers tie groups together for events....such as.... when one group has an activity, it would also go on the the tied in group so that many groups can join in on the fun.....in my group I would have a lead .... "group "%)*#)$(*#" has this event on their calender and we can come along" and the activity would show up and every one would know what group it is coming from.

I had that same idea, I collaborate with many other groups around town and it's a hassle to copy and paste all of the event details and then manage 2 lists of RSVPs.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base