Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Bring the colors back ... the centering option back... I want to be able to create an event page that captures audience attention

Bring the colors back ... the centering option back... I want to be able to create an event page that captures audience attention, and makes them want to read it to find out the details.... not just skim through and miss things

1,269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    DKDK shared a merged idea: Bring Back Old Event Description Editor  ·   · 
    ddladdla shared a merged idea: I have to say from a manager point of view the "new" stylying totally SUCKS!  ·   · 
    Dianne BengtsonDianne Bengtson shared a merged idea: Bring Back the HTML Feature  ·   · 
    Danielle PlaDanielle Pla shared a merged idea: Please bring back the COLORED font and Smiley faces to meetup event posts. This is what makes the meetup event look fun!!  ·   · 
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: The new format has Eliminated Color from the meetup listing text.  ·   · 
    JacquelineJacqueline shared a merged idea: I hate the "new event description editor"!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I recently created a meetup EXPECTING the same FORMATTING options as all meetups given the same price! GIVE BACK PLEASE! let it be a choice!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring the Colors BACK!! Let us do what we do... you have made it very difficult for us to create fun events as Organizers!  ·   · 
    JayJay shared a merged idea: ASK ORGANIZERS ABOUT CHANGES BEFORE YOU DECIDE WHAT WE WANT  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: PLEASE give us back our ability to use color in the descriptive part of the Meetup description! It looks so awful just black and white!  ·   · 
    William NewmanWilliam Newman shared a merged idea: Bring back the styling options! I can't properly place or size pictures and I can't view or edit the HTML.  ·   · 
    KenKen shared a merged idea: Bring Back COLOR In Event Description  ·   · 
    TrinaTrina shared a merged idea: Enable People to Add a Link to Their Website  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back allowing html to be cut and pasted into editor - we should not have to go to lowest possible denominator, meetup losing appeal  ·   · 
    MSMS shared a merged idea: Please bring back the "create a new event" customization and formatting features?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: The changes are ridiculous! You have discounted all of my creativity in posting events! I am seriously considering my options.  ·   · 
    dd shared a merged idea: New Event Description Editor  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring spell check back  ·   · 
    Toni wallachyToni wallachy shared a merged idea: The New Event Description Editor - please bring back functionality that was removed. ie. hyperlink removal and font strike through  ·   · 
    GriffGriff shared a merged idea: Bring back the rich formatting options recently dropped. Formatting and embedded vids bring life to events..  ·   · 
    PatPat shared a merged idea: Please bring back the color feature. It's much better than bold or italics to get things on a meetup page to stand out. Thank you!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Give back the old formatting options, especially Color and Underline!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Events Editor Need to be reversed back the new one cant embed video, no html, just plain doesnt do what I want it to.  ·   · 
    Mike FultonMike Fulton shared a merged idea: Undo the changes to the formatting functions for events  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back video and colour  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Bring back the edit toolbar when creating a meetup event  ·   · 
    BerthaBertha shared a merged idea: Bring back old html event editor including ability to embed video and different color/size fonts  ·   · 

270 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jade DarrJade Darr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its sad that this has been a request for almost a full year and it has still not come back. I tried running a group after i moved with the new format and it just doesnt work. I will not be starting another group and putting in dues till the old look is available again.
        Listen to the people who give you money and pay for the groups.

• Sandra LordSandra Lord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE. If folks don't want to use formatting, they can just simply opt to NOT use it, but for those of us who want to use it, and LIKE to use color and centering, etc. we should have those options available.

• Jessie MayJessie May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Please, bring editing options back. At least give us an html editor if nothing else. It seems like there is a lot of desire for this feature….Meetup, can you please let us know when to expect its return? Thank you!

• jitterbugjitterbug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone's comments. Lack of color, font sizes, etc. makes for a boring post. It was hard enough getting people to read my posts before the change, but now I don't have a chance in hell of anyone reading the important info for each meetup. I get more emails/posts now with questions (about info that is actually in the writeup that they aren't reading) than ever before. Bring back the old options for better event pages.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any updates? Will these be coming back? It is so annoying to copy some past events and have color and all new events are not in color. Our members are wondering why some events are "pleasing to the eye" while others are boring. Not to mention as soon as I change/update anything the copied events change and the format is all off. So disappointed - I have been paying for and running my group for 5 years and other members are starting to bring other options to me asking me to move the group. I really hate to do that but it is starting to seem like we are getting less customer service, less options, and more of a headache. The fact that I can't even see one response from Meetup to the numerous questions about this speaks volumes in itself. Restore our faith in you, Meetup. We want to hear that changes back are underway.

• DiDi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just used up my last votes on this. I really want the formatting features back.

• LisaDLisaD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also miss the ability to drag and drop photos into the description. Having to download an image to my computer, then search for it to upload, then page thru all the *un-sortable* images in the photo album, and finally be able to upload but have no control over re-sizing or positioning is just plain frustrating.

• mariamaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The events page is one of the most important features of meetup. From everything I understand you can have mobile & web and have each look different. I'm not sure why this is not being implemented by MU. This need for uniformity is one I don't understand.

• George KGeorge K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry if I'm repeating, as I don't have time to read all 256 previous comments. I miss the colors a lot, but I discovered that full width photos can be added to the descriptions. So I take past event photos that look conducive to being made into banner-like photos for upcoming events, crop them into a banner shape and then shrink them to 600 pixels wide. Cool.

• Trish VanTrish Van commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the point is that members are missing important information - I can't tell you how many members in my groups are missing basic and important facts about the Meetup because we have no way to present information other than in plain text. If I were to write an entire missive in a block of text how long would it be before you gave up and decided that it's too much work to read so much about the event when what I want to do is scan the important parts. Without some way to draw attention to the important points, then they are bound to be missed; and this includes meeting places, what to bring, important reminders about how long we'll wait and where to reconvene afterward, etc. So yes, please, add some way to highlight important points.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One nice thing about the use of HTML was that I could put a link in an event and make it open a new tab or window instead of navigating AWAY from Meetup. If you're not going to give us HTML back at least put <base target="_blank"> in the HEAD of your page so all hyperlinks will open in a new window and my members will not be FORCED to navigate AWAY from my page.

I fully agree, the look of my events are just not as appealing. Pictures are not particularly relevant to my events, especially since they are business-related events. Color makes things more exciting and certainly more noticeable than just black bolded ink. It now appears more like a boring news article.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, can you please looking at amending this or adding something back? I have notitced that when i download images to a page it is centered.. but when I add some text it all goes to the left of the page. So my whole event description ends up looking messy.

• ryan mitchellryan mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least let it be a setting or only enable with mobile! I need some really basic things, and HTML!

• Maggie LeeMaggie Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely bring back colours!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to highlight certain text for my group as some weeks the meeting place changes, and I also need to catch the attention of new members for certain information. Ours, like many others, is a volunteer group that helps homeless people in the local community, and no colours in my text means vital information could be missed, leaving new members stranded.

Yes, please give the Format option back so we can draw more attention to the viewers!! I don't care about how much better it may work with phone. It's not right admins who had it on their meetups prior to July 2013 can keep theirs to spruce up their meetups and we get the plain look!!! at the same price!!!

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now the #5 most voted-up request for Meetup on User Voice. The top two have gotten some kind of response from meetup — "Under Review" and "Started", respectively. The third and fourth both have about two hundred more votes and haven't received a response. They're both important feature requests, but I think this is clearly a FAR more pressing and urgent issue. As of now, we need about 300 votes to catapult this into the top spot, and getting another 359 and reaching the symbolic threshold of 1000 votes would be even better. So let's reach out to organizers we know who may not even be aware of User Voice and see if we can get them to come here and vote and leave some comments. The more noise we make, the harder it will be for Meetup to ignore us.

• PDPD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So I just created a meetup, took all the time to put in formatting, bolding, italicized, minus the colours, and when I save it, it's all gone. All that formatting is gone, and it's all plain text.

How are we supposed to attract people to our meetups if its so bland? We can't emphasize important information using colours, or different sized lettering. This cost cutting measure and lazy programming isn't going to improve the organizers ability to run a meetup. Why is meetup moving backwards with the web design?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base