Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Do not post the comments from NO RSVP's to the conversation stream.

I do not believe that the reason that someone is NOT attending the event is pertinent to the event. Leave these comments under their name in the NO RSVP section. That way if the event host wants to see why people aren't attending they can see it, but the negative comments and non sequiturs are not being added to the conversation stream.
THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS NO RSVP EMAILS! Meetup HQ, please don't merge this with that idea again, they are not the same. This is referring to comments in the event, not email.

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LindaLinda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BriGette McCoyBriGette McCoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove it from the main page. I have someone who ONLY posts that she is not coming to the events.. its annoying to say the least and it detracts from getting people to get excited about attending. It should only be something seen by the event coordinator.

• mariamaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason I gave this one vote, is that I'm fairly certain this was out here before & nothing became of it.

• LindaLinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had two 'No' RSVP comments recently which highlight how detrimental these comments posted to the conversation stream can be. My group was planning a motorcycle ride to a restaurant downtown. A member posted "Gee, sounds like fun, there's a marathon happening on Sunday which is going to make it nearly impossible to get around. Going to have to pass." Immediately, 2 or 3 people changed their RSVP to 'No'. Right after that, a second member posted a comment regarding road construction making it tough to get to our destination. Again, another 1 or two members dropped out. Both comments were WRONG. The Marathon was the following weekend, and the construction was finished. If we have to have the RSVP's in the conversation stream, it would be much better to have the positive comments and not the negative ones.

Feedback and Knowledge Base