Describe the missing feature that would help you make the most of Meetup

Please give organizers the ability to restore the old format. Or at least change the current one.

It would be nice to be able to restore to a previous format if the new imposed format isn't generally acceptable to the group. This new one doesn't work well with our needs and I'd like to be able to restore to a previous one or design my own.

10,491 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SharleenSharleen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    gailgail shared a merged idea: update my site to the new look with three columns as before. western suburbs, PLEASE!  ·   · 
    LanieceLaniece shared a merged idea: Change it back to the old meetup!  ·   · 
    JenniferJennifer shared a merged idea: Restore old format, bring back ideas!  ·   · 
    Karen JKaren J shared a merged idea: Change the format back to what it was last year. I can't post on home page anymore.  ·   · 
    JeffJeff shared a merged idea: Let organizer choose whether to display the Google map  ·   · 
    JaneJane shared a merged idea: Bring back old format, really guys, no thoughts on doing this with 9,800 votes from organizers? WoW  ·   · 
    BrianBrian shared a merged idea: New is NOT better; the old format worked much better; you are now going to see competition  ·   · 
    Janet H.Janet H. shared a merged idea: go back to the old meetup format. It was user friendly  ·   · 
    TEANewYorkTEANewYork shared a merged idea: Provide a way to revert back to the old format. I CAN'T STAND the new format...  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: change it back! it is too ugly too hard to follow  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Go back to old software  ·   · 
    cannincalicannincali shared a merged idea: Meetup give us the chance to switch back and see how many do!  ·   · 
    LaurenLauren shared a merged idea: go back to the old format. This new one is awful and not user-friendly. My members miss the idea tab  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: go back to the old format...our members do not like the new one...including me!  ·   · 
    mich125jh@aol.commich125jh@aol.com shared a merged idea: Meetup should try 2way communication with paying Organisers BEFORE altering OUR GROUPS!  ·   · 
    BrigitteBrigitte shared a merged idea: mess  ·   · 
    MiaMia shared a merged idea: We desperately want the old format back. It was perfect. Why are you not considering this?  ·   · 
    LeoXLeoX shared a merged idea: every meetup organizer should have their own dedicated website as a fall back when meetup hurts us..  ·   · 
    MollyMolly shared a merged idea: Give us choice, regardless of what changes you make. Meetup is too invested in its own opinions.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Upgrade not needed  ·   · 
    WillWill shared a merged idea: if you must keep this new format - at least let me see who is making alterations to trips!  ·   · 
    WillWill shared a merged idea: revert to the old version of meetup.. this new version is killing the group with frustration  ·   · 
    SarahSarah shared a merged idea: Google maps need to be optional, fix now  ·   · 
    NazNaz shared a merged idea: The new format is a mess,looks like MySpace,not a good thing  ·   · 
    LisaLisa shared a merged idea: Go back to the old format of meet up events. The new format is just hard to read and visually see.  ·   · 
    Michelle K.Michelle K. shared a merged idea: Bring back the old design.  ·   · 
    PatriciaPatricia shared a merged idea: Restore latest activity to front and centre of home page  ·   · 
    sandrasandra shared a merged idea: Reduce the space for upcoming meetups, there's no need for them to go across the entire page!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO THE LAST VERSION. NOTHING WORKS ON THIS NEW VERSION. IT IS CONFUSING, CLUTTERED, A MESS!!  ·   · 
    MichMich shared a merged idea: HATING THIS NEW SETUP: Emailing people going to an event  ·   · 
    RandyRandy shared a merged idea: Please trash the new meetup UI and go back to the old one that worked. Even members are complaining  ·   · 
    delsedelse shared a merged idea: go back to the old page. You could not have screwed up more. You took control away from organizers  ·   · 
    DianeDiane shared a merged idea: Give us back the format that we had and work on how to improve it with more tabs.  ·   · 
    dianediane shared a merged idea: When it isn't broken....... KISS. This still looks blah  ·   · 
    Thailand-Motorcycle-Touring.comThailand-Motorcycle-Touring.com shared a merged idea: Stop screwing with the system  ·   · 
    AlessioAlessio shared a merged idea: Bring the old version back!  ·   · 
    AlessioAlessio shared a merged idea: Old version was perfect, the new one has a lot of problems! why did you guys changed?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please return to the previous meet up format as it was much easier to navigate. Thank you.  ·   · 
    senita bustillossenita bustillos shared a merged idea: bring back the comments section where we are able to leave updates on the page for are mem  ·   · 
    Chimene HolmesChimene Holmes shared a merged idea: that you change meetup back to its old format, or at least allow a picture for speakers at event  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Revert back to the old home page--all my users are using the meetups field as a general talk forum.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please restore the old format. We miss the calendar, home pg format, loading pix when sched. events  ·   · 
    LindaLinda shared a merged idea: Return to the previous format, where I want the 'Latest Activity' to be at the top of the s  ·   · 
    joyce rodgersjoyce rodgers shared a merged idea: go back to the old format, hate the new one  ·   · 
    NancyNancy shared a merged idea: HATE - HATE- HATE- the new site  ·   · 
    Num1fungirlNum1fungirl shared a merged idea: have the home page be what the group is about, not the latest meetup planned.  ·   · 
    SherriSherri shared a merged idea: I don't know what you did but change it back  ·   · 
    NancyNancy shared a merged idea: Please return the meetup page setup to how it was, new way is very confusing and less easily readabl  ·   · 
    SF JournalistsSF Journalists shared a merged idea: Let's Meetup and Revert to Old Meetup  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Return us to the old setup.  ·   · 
    JaneJane shared a merged idea: My group really hates the new look of the pages, is there any way to turn it back to the old way?  ·   · 
    KatieKatie shared a merged idea: Go back to old design, the new one is not community-friendly.  ·   · 
    Troy SchoonoverTroy Schoonover shared a merged idea: Bring back the 'Group Headline'--where did it go? And add the 'About' tab back to the main tool bar.  ·   · 
    baileyswalkbaileyswalk shared a merged idea: Make google map optional on group page  ·   · 
    scott w.scott w. shared a merged idea: Condense event info. Too much white space now. We shouldn't have to scroll to see latest feed.  ·   · 
    KayKay shared a merged idea: Someone needs to start a new similar website.  ·   · 
    KarenKaren shared a merged idea: ...put things back they way they were and stop confusing my members every month when they log in.  ·   · 
    inge0071inge0071 shared a merged idea: Stop changing the format!! This new one is TERRIBLE!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of the "new look".  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: change the format back to the way it was. our group is really having a hard time navigating it  ·   · 
    RICHARD TIGGERRICHARD TIGGER shared a merged idea: CHANGE EVERTHING BACK LIKE IT WAS EVERYBODY GOT USED TO IT AND LIKED IT...PLEASE!!!  ·   · 
    JayJay shared a merged idea: Abandon the "new Meetup" format. Tried to get used to it, but changes are not helpful.  ·   · 
    Tumbleweed_SteveTumbleweed_Steve shared a merged idea: Give us our front page's back ASAP. The new format sucks.  ·   · 
    AlexandraAlexandra shared a merged idea: Restore recent format...this new format is awful, too many steps to get to a meetup nd sign up  ·   · 
    BillBill shared a merged idea: Please allow an option to replace the map with a picture  ·   · 
    HarmonyHarmony shared a merged idea: This new format is not user friendly! I and my members miss seeing everything at a glance. Change i  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: go back to the previous format.  ·   · 
    lauralaura shared a merged idea: Bring back the old meetup. This one is ugly and not as funtional.  ·   · 
    DD shared a merged idea: Bring back the old format!!!!  ·   · 
    Joe FioreJoe Fiore shared a merged idea: New Meetup page format stinks. Change it back to the way it was. It's awful!  ·   · 
    Howard S.Howard S. shared a merged idea: I think the new format makes it harderto navigate the site. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Remember you are *NOT* FB & that we pay you!  ·   · 
    swankfitchswankfitch shared a merged idea: DEMAND A CHANGE THIS NEW FORMAT NOW!  ·   · 
    maliamalia shared a merged idea: Offer a "product" that people are willing to buy. Or everyone will be leaving Meetup!  ·   · 
    k Hescockk Hescock shared a merged idea: I HATE the new format, who thought letting members who are NOT ORGANIZERS plan events is okay?  ·   · 
    ZZ shared a merged idea: Change the site back to how it was. This new format is very user unfriendly  ·   · 
    EveEve shared a merged idea: AAARRRRGGGHHHH,  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: change it back to the old format!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    BarbaraBarbara shared a merged idea: I don't like the "New Meetup" and my members don't either!!!!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Dislike new format for meetup e  ·   · 
    bellmeoutbellmeout shared a merged idea: meetup is becoming unorganizes  ·   · 
    Terry ShobertTerry Shobert shared a merged idea: go back to the old format, this one stinks!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of this stupid new format, I know there are meetup groups that are going to leave...  ·   · 
    MelaMela shared a merged idea: Please bring back the old format. This new look is impersonal and is not emphasized correctly.  ·   · 
    janejane shared a merged idea: Back to the previous format, please  ·   · 
    Ped XingPed Xing shared a merged idea: Create an option to roll back the recent changes that have made a mess of meetup.com.  ·   · 
    janejane shared a merged idea: I like the old format too, this new page lay out is less information and communication, like a narro  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Old layout was WAY better!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: New site needs work  ·   · 
    FerneFerne shared a merged idea: I do not like the new format!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: go back to the old format, this new one sucks  ·   · 
    AmyAmy shared a merged idea: Meetup should give Organizers the choice for the old version. This new layout is not user friendly.  ·   · 
    BrionBrion shared a merged idea: provide design control over the new features of the new layout  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: This latest website upgrade is harder to use, and looks messy. We like the old format. Please change  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Stop fixing what isn't broken.  ·   · 
    ValerieValerie shared a merged idea: Meetup is a good example of "TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH" - They have way too many unnecessary ap  ·   · 
    tpwpnytpwpny shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS FORMAT.  ·   · 
    G-DubG-Dub shared a merged idea: I can't believe anyone would design a web site as poorly as it is now. Change back to old format.  ·   · 
    Renato SousaRenato Sousa shared a merged idea: Restore previous version of Meetup  ·   · 
    DonnaDonna shared a merged idea: change the web site BACK to the way it was please!  ·   · 
    beaux patrickbeaux patrick shared a merged idea: make the "About" page first and get rid of this "new" layout... it sucks!!!  ·   · 
    LaurenLauren shared a merged idea: Make it optional whether we use the old or new format!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: It would be nice if the organizer could choose the format the group prefers  ·   · 
    LizLiz shared a merged idea: Please improve the organization of the home page and bring back our photos!  ·   · 
    JennyJenny shared a merged idea: Change back to the old meetup format. This new format does not work well for our group!  ·   · 
    Angie OAngie O shared a merged idea: change back to old page, can't rsvp on new from calendar. basically, can't use meetup.  ·   · 
    NicoleNicole shared a merged idea: Very unhappy with new format!  ·   · 
    MelissaMelissa shared a merged idea: New Calendar/Ideas/Events layout = Organizer Hell!!!  ·   · 
    andy mazzandy mazz shared a merged idea: The Older Website was better, Bring it Back Please  ·   · 
    JenniferJennifer shared a merged idea: I do not like this new Meetup at all! Talk about complete chaos! Organizers are there for a reason  ·   · 
    Janice WilsonJanice Wilson shared a merged idea: I would really love to have the calendar back. PLEASE  ·   · 
    missmaemissmae shared a merged idea: I do not like the new format. Please go back to the old format.  ·   · 
    NeilNeil shared a merged idea: Please change back to the old meetup format. I have 500 members in my 3 groups and none like it, n  ·   · 
    Ruth AnnRuth Ann shared a merged idea: The new format is too tedious for most of our memebers.  ·   · 
    swankfitchswankfitch shared a merged idea: Old Format, MAKE IT HAPPEN NOW  ·   · 
    PeterPeter shared a merged idea: Your Maps are WRONG! The HAVE to be customizable.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: go back to the old meetup website format  ·   · 
    MichelleMichelle shared a merged idea: Return to the previous format/layout! This new format is ugly :(  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: DID you ask HELL NO. Here's What I think Of the New Meetup Format IT SUCKS Change Mine BACK  ·   · 
    ANNAANNA shared a merged idea: The new layout is not as nice and photos of individulals is so tiny and quality is not as good  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Inconvenient  ·   · 
    cindi ncindi n shared a merged idea: Bring back the old meetup version. I can sum up my thoughts about the new one in two words: IT SUX.  ·   · 
    PhilPhil shared a merged idea: Can we please go back to the old format. It is difficult to see who is attending the events.  ·   · 
    Robyn Kool BreezeRobyn Kool Breeze shared a merged idea: Get rid of this ugly new page  ·   · 
    AndyBAndyB shared a merged idea: Please put the MeetUp site back the way it was. The new one sucks big time.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: old format was better  ·   · 
    JON OLIVANJON OLIVAN shared a merged idea: Give Paying Group Organizers the choice of Homepage format--I HATE the latest format!!!  ·   · 
    Simon StellaSimon Stella shared a merged idea: be even more creative and change the look of meetup to reflect the REAL direction of technology.  ·   · 
    PoohonyouPoohonyou shared a merged idea: Where is the Let's??? Good question where is the Lets' ask the "Paying" customer what they want ???!  ·   · 
    NgaNga shared a merged idea: OMG!! What is up with the new meetup website. It's horrible. Please bring the old one back!  ·   · 
    IsabelIsabel shared a merged idea: New meetup design is not good  ·   · 
    OrganizerOrganizer shared a merged idea: WHERE ARE MEETUP SUPPORT TEAM. ANSWER OUR COCERNS  ·   · 
    Shona StoneShona Stone shared a merged idea: Go back to the old layout for Meetup.com, This new layout exploits people and their privacy.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: change back to the old format rather than the changed format for postings from two days ago.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: change back to the old format rather than the changed format for postings from two days ago.  ·   · 
    Stan HStan H shared a merged idea: Change back to the old interface. The new one is much harder to navigate and is disorderly.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: go back to the "old" format - this new one is so use UNfriendly!!!  ·   · 
    crp26crp26 shared a merged idea: return to old format - our group members not happy with changes  ·   · 
    SepidehSepideh shared a merged idea: Just the old format  ·   · 
    fox81jfox81j shared a merged idea: I absolutely hate the new home pages! They are completely unwelcoming and ugly! Undo this, please!  ·   · 
    EricaErica shared a merged idea: Absolutely Terrible!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Go back to prior formatt. Save money in the future by not fixing what isn't broken!  ·   · 
    Al Al shared a merged idea: Once again you think you need to fix something not broke! Give us back the old format!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: We all want old format back! This kills the online banter that gets people to actaul meetups!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Listen to your members instead of deleting all the protests.  ·   · 
    ChrissyChrissy shared a merged idea: Revert Back  ·   · 
    DebraDebra shared a merged idea: Bring back the old meetup site.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: The new "improvements" are awful  ·   · 
    Brian F. BurkeBrian F. Burke shared a merged idea: If it's not broke.......don't fix it! WTF Meetup....why would you screw with this?  ·   · 
    AliceAlice shared a merged idea: Bring back the 'old' but better format. 'Upgrades' are not necessarily improvements!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I do not like the home pages sleek new design at all. Can we have an option to revert to the old?  ·   · 
    UnhappyUnhappy shared a merged idea: Do usability testing on your changes before implementation.  ·   · 
    GaryGary shared a merged idea: Please put the page layout back the way that it was. The new page layout is terrible.  ·   · 
    A NA N shared a merged idea: change the rsvp user interface back to the way it was  ·   · 
    scottscott shared a merged idea: The new look is TERRIBLE!!!! What happend to CALENDAR and IDEAS?  ·   · 
    MichelleMichelle shared a merged idea: I do not like the new homepage on my meetup page. I would like it changed back if possible. Thanks.  ·   · 
    SamSam shared a merged idea: BRING BACK OLD MEETUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    Kelly DavaisKelly Davais shared a merged idea: Put it back like it was. We are paying for this, we can go to facebook and do this for free.  ·   · 
    MartiMarti shared a merged idea: Who from Meetup is going to pay users respect and address the changes?  ·   · 
    So_n10sSo_n10s shared a merged idea: the new format sucks. meetup has sold out to advertisers, just like facebook. i can't even finish  ·   · 
    MarieMarie shared a merged idea: review your new meetup group page layouts as it has offended our group Activ Expats  ·   · 
    DaveDave shared a merged idea: Switch immediately to the old format. Right now!!!  ·   · 
    MarianaMariana shared a merged idea: The redesign needs a redesign  ·   · 
    DIZEMANDIZEMAN shared a merged idea: Change NEW layout back to PREVIOUS layout... majority of members LOATHE the New MONSTROCITY.  ·   · 
    KK shared a merged idea: Stop changing our format! I hate the new calendar. We pay for this site stop changing it!  ·   · 
    DonDon shared a merged idea: go back to the older style format which allowed for easier navigation.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: CHANGE IT BACK! The new look REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!  ·   · 
    KiliKili shared a merged idea: Here's an "Idea"... CHANGE IT BACK!  ·   · 
    davemuddavemud shared a merged idea: Stop making major changes to our group boards without asking the organisers and groups first.  ·   · 
    VMBM - userVMBM - user shared a merged idea: Ouch on the new interface  ·   · 
    MoMo shared a merged idea: If it ain't broke, don't fix it . . .  ·   · 
    catherinexoxonyccatherinexoxonyc shared a merged idea: offer the option to keep the old layout. this is no longer user friendly. sad.  ·   · 
    JenniferJennifer shared a merged idea: Change the main page back to the way it was.  ·   · 
    Mark TiborskyMark Tiborsky shared a merged idea: Bring back the "old" Meetup!!!  ·   · 
    IleanaIleana shared a merged idea: Please make it so that you can minimize the meetups section so recent activity isn't so far down.  ·   · 
    NiaNia shared a merged idea: I don't like the new look at all.  ·   · 
    africana.meetup.com/35/africana.meetup.com/35/ shared a merged idea: Stop tweaking the design! This new one is ugly and uninviting. What's wrong with you guys?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: DO NOT like the new format, please go back to the old one. Not an improved  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: keep member activity/communication as the focus of the homepage, not the newest calendar activity  ·   · 
    William NicolWilliam Nicol shared a merged idea: Get rid of th new layout...its awful....It looks like mapquest for christsakes. admit its a mistake  ·   · 
    sven lundsven lund shared a merged idea: Drop the map, bring back the theme photo of upcoming event...critical!!!!  ·   · 
    CandaceCandace shared a merged idea: Stop making changes without consulting the people paying for the sites! I'm often badly surprised!  ·   · 
    Ann MarieAnn Marie shared a merged idea: The members of my group hate the changes made today! Please revert to the old layout.  ·   · 
    shannishanni shared a merged idea: please return the old format...I feel like I'm on Facebook when they change everything around on us  ·   · 
    MonicaMonica shared a merged idea: Is there a way to go back to the original design? My members are not happy with the new look.  ·   · 
    DPOC DOG CLUBDPOC DOG CLUB shared a merged idea: Go Back to the Old Format... DON'T TRY AND FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKE  ·   · 
    Candi SparrowCandi Sparrow shared a merged idea: Go back to the old platform.  ·   · 
    Vasily ZVasily Z shared a merged idea: go back to the new format, this new layout is awful. members are talking a switch to yahoo groups...  ·   · 
    elaineelaine shared a merged idea: listen to your customers. I am sorry you worked hard to create the new site, but it does not work.  ·   · 
    Hrley.Rider Hrley.Rider shared a merged idea: please go back to the former format, it was much easier to use and more user friendly.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Please change back to the old format. I hate the changes, especially the calendar changes!  ·   · 
    Nadya NovakNadya Novak shared a merged idea: Changing the controls to allow more interaction and collaboration is one thing, layout however sucks  ·   · 
    JanetJanet shared a merged idea: Ever heard of the phrase, "If it aint broke, don't fix it"? As much as I hate the awful grammar, it  ·   · 
    Wild WarriorWild Warrior shared a merged idea: GO BACK TO OLD FORMAT ...  ·   · 
    IndigomoonIndigomoon shared a merged idea: ACTUALLY MAKE CHANGES BASED ON THIS FEEDBACK!  ·   · 
    Tim STim S shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new layout. Have to scroll too much.  ·   · 
    Virginia CookeVirginia Cooke shared a merged idea: Organisers don't get paid. You do. So why make a major change to Meetup without consulting with us?  ·   · 
    Kalina AngellKalina Angell shared a merged idea: The New Meetup Page Design is HORRIBLE!!!  ·   · 
    David FreedDavid Freed shared a merged idea: Hate the new layout of Meetup! Hate it, Hate it!!! Give organizers the ability to change back!  ·   · 
    Dylan BDylan B shared a merged idea: Change the New Layout or we will leave  ·   · 
    Sandy JaffeSandy Jaffe shared a merged idea: Change the format back to what it was. You have made a mess out of the meetup sites.  ·   · 
    Dylan BDylan B shared a merged idea: GET RID of New Layout! Lets Users Choose!  ·   · 
    PappaSmurfProPappaSmurfPro shared a merged idea: Choice of google maps or picture, and the google map is displaying wrong location, so editable map.  ·   · 
    Jeff StacheJeff Stache shared a merged idea: Lose the maps-get more features back  ·   · 
    RainRain shared a merged idea: This new layout SUCKS!!!  ·   · 
    kathydkathyd shared a merged idea: I HATE the new meetup! where are my photos for each meetup?  ·   · 
    tadtad shared a merged idea: Revert or Refund  ·   · 
    pshydriadpshydriad shared a merged idea: HATE THE NEW LOOK!!!!!! (LOVE THE OPTION FOR MEMBERS TO SPAWN THEIR OWN EVENTS)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I hate the new home pages. What's going on with this redesign? It's awful.  ·   · 
    TimTTimT shared a merged idea: Scrap the new format! Meet up is about people not a Google map!  ·   · 
    Caryn H.Caryn H. shared a merged idea: ...get rid of the new "google maps" bitmap and give us back the image upload option for each event  ·   · 
    FletcherismFletcherism shared a merged idea: Make some improvements to give the "New Meetup" some of the functionality of the "old" meetup back.  ·   · 
    JenniferJennifer shared a merged idea: PLEASE change it back, PLEASE!!  ·   · 
    Emilie RoseEmilie Rose shared a merged idea: Go back to the old format. HATE THIS ONE. Going/not going is hard to see and I want my calendars  ·   · 
    web guruweb guru shared a merged idea: drop back to the prior templated version - the new one is cumbersome.  ·   · 
    JenniferJennifer shared a merged idea: change the meetp home page bac kto the way it was, now  ·   · 
    Will FarmerWill Farmer shared a merged idea: Really did depend on the CALENDAR layout for keeping track.. GIVE IT BACK!!  ·   · 
    MicheleMichele shared a merged idea: This "New MeetUp" platform is AWFUL! Give us an option to use the old home page layout!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: change the new meetup page! It is not good!!!  ·   · 
    Alan RosenthalAlan Rosenthal shared a merged idea: The new format is impersonal, just a list of things to do. You took away personality and community.  ·   · 
    Tom MurphyTom Murphy shared a merged idea: Restore the Video Links  ·   · 
    aliciaalicia shared a merged idea: GIVE US THE OPTION TO HAVE THE OLD HOMEPAGE...GET RID OF THE COMMENT THAT THE ORGAINIZER IS "HELPING  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Change back to the old format,,,,~!!!! the new format is a disaster, hate it  ·   · 
    AmandaAmanda shared a merged idea: Original Layout  ·   · 
    krlmomkrlmom shared a merged idea: Give us the option to continue to use our own pictures and photos on an event listing  ·   · 
    molly scottmolly scott shared a merged idea: go back to the old design  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: The new look is not satisfactory. Where are the videos? Where are the photos? Let customers respond!  ·   · 
    TamaraTamara shared a merged idea: I am not very happy about the new changes. Let me tell you why...  ·   · 
    smallie81smallie81 shared a merged idea: Change our homepage back! We don't like the new one :(  ·   · 
    JuditJudit shared a merged idea: Re-think "sleek new format"  ·   · 
    nicknick shared a merged idea: Change new layout, not good that organizers can't choose how many events are displayed.  ·   · 
    LalliLalli shared a merged idea: Get rid of NEW LAYOUT. No FB like "Status option" and bring back "maybe" and "no" options  ·   · 
    ClaudioClaudio shared a merged idea: Allow us to choose wheter we want the google map or a picture for the event in the home page  ·   · 
    Tom HenryTom Henry shared a merged idea: stop changing things! bring back the calendar!  ·   · 
    DarylDaryl shared a merged idea: THE NEW MEETUP ISN'T EVEN FUNCTIONAL. THE HOME PAGE ISN'T LOADING CORRECTLY  ·   · 
    Rob aka Blue ThunderRob aka Blue Thunder shared a merged idea: NEW meetup page stinks  ·   · 
    JasonJason shared a merged idea: Change the layout back  ·   · 
    bradbrad shared a merged idea: Get rid of the new format. It's ugly and confusing and auto setting to let members plan is wrong.  ·   · 
    Rachel R.Rachel R. shared a merged idea: Give us back formatting control - this new format is terrible and unworkable for how we run!  ·   · 
    PattyPatty shared a merged idea: Go back to old format. Can't find the calendar and all of our event pictures are gone. Awful!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Don't like the new format AT ALL difficult to use and more time consuming, horrible  ·   · 
    GydeonWynterGydeonWynter shared a merged idea: give us the option to switch back to the old look of our meetup page. Not happy with the new look!  ·   · 
    F1uffF1uff shared a merged idea: Change meetup back to how it was or at least make it optional  ·   · 
    Ryan JaunzemisRyan Jaunzemis shared a merged idea: New Layout is UNACCEPTABLE!!!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: I do not like the new feature. I would like to be able to either not display or put it at the bottom  ·   · 
    Dr FaithDr Faith shared a merged idea: The new meetup design is imposing, and the pictures of each meetup and intro text has been deleted!  ·   · 
    TripsTrips shared a merged idea: Go back to letting us arrange modules on our home page  ·   · 
    vv shared a merged idea: STOP making changes to the home page and calendar - You only see 1 month of the calendar @ a time  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: can we make the member pic's bigger again? when looking who is attending a meetup.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: undo all the recent changes!  ·   · 
    jim stangejim stange shared a merged idea: where is the calendar?!?!!? bad enough it was a dropdown, but not gone?!?!?  ·   · 
    JonJon shared a merged idea: Go back to yesterday's home page layout...the new one is ho  ·   · 
    johnjohn shared a merged idea: NEW Meetup Look (1/27/11)  ·   · 
    Sue FordSue Ford shared a merged idea: I hate the new look, how do I go back to the old one!!! grrrrr  ·   · 
    KatieKatie shared a merged idea: I miss the Old Meetup  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: you stop changing what works! Why do you have to change the Home Page?!  ·   · 
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Change Meetup group pages back! New format has meetings as having 0 places left!  ·   · 
    Robyn Kool BreezeRobyn Kool Breeze shared a merged idea: Get rid of this new home page. Now my page looks like crap  ·   · 
    SallySally shared a merged idea: Allow groups to choose to keep the new layout or go back to the older one.  ·   · 

5474 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David FavorDavid Favor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notice the date of the completed message is 2011-01-27.

This item is not complete. Never has been.

There are 10,501 votes to have this feature returned.

Come on Meetup Dev. Please pay attention to your organizers.

Prioritize work by Organizer vote count.

Specifically, Greg Whalin flagged this item as complete on May, 24, 2011... and this is wrong.

This is incorrect.

This has never been fixed.

This is not completed.

This format was never restored.

Having Group Descriptions expanded is highly useful, which is why there are 10,000+ votes.

Always amazing to me that Meetup randomly opts to develop other features and ignores this feature, which has the all time highest number of votes I've seen so far.

Why not honor Organizers, the people paying to keep Meetup.com running, and put back this simple feature?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this new page design limits us as organizers. Please restore the old format

• BelindaBelinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have three custom-designed arts meetup sites that I had a professional website designer create for me.

Why are you making terrible changes that are unnecessary, unwanted and highly opposed by the organizers who pay your subscriber dues?

This is short-sighted, arrogant and VERY BAD business.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I new what the old format looked like. Because I am also not happy with this one.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know what the fuck they doing at google but the new format of google groups sucks shit. Why the fuck did this dumbasses try to fix something that wasn't broken. The old format worked just fine but I keep getting force into the new one and it is very difficult to find the menu to reset to the old one. They can shove the new format up their fucking asses. I am fed up with this shit and I am going to delete all things google from my PC including my browswer.

• jeremyjeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new search format for meetup days and times is pathetic
        it now takes me alot longer to view dates and times for meetups.
        every tme i want to look at details of a meetup i need to manually change the city & mile radius that i want.
        for whatever reason it defaults to a 2 mile radius when i'm searching for a 25 mile radius.
        the previous format was so much more user friendly and fasterto get the info that i'm looking for.
        please modify this format to e way it was a fw days ago.
        i'm extremely surprised that the geniuses at HQ didn't realize that the current format is a nightmare to use.

• emaj02emaj02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish to return to the old format as well! It's far more readable and the new one
        cuts off my entire right side (as I view it)

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the Home Page, the right the calendar consistently defaults to only events that I've said I'm GOING to, and every time I go back to my home page, it reverts to only GOING TO events. I want to see ALL events as my default (or let me choose my default view in my profile). Also #1 it seems to be stuck on some date in September to start off with. Why can't it start off with the current date when you visit MU? Also #2 I hate the "More" links next to later dates which will promote the missing of possible meetings; why can't this be set to default of already expanded? Seems to me that this was a giant leap backwards in development; why was this done in the first place?

• Kat McPhoenixKat McPhoenix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD FORMAT!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO ASKED FOR IT TO BE CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!????????????

• Kat McPhoenixKat McPhoenix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Why weren't we given a choice? Or a vote? I liked the old format. I had a few paragraphs telling what the group was about. Where did it go? How are new members supposed to know. I used to be on the home page and now it is gone!

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate the new format, I don't want to be forced into using it! Who in their right mind actually thinks it improves anything!? Give me the option to keep the old one.

• Rob NashRob Nash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dont change it! our group uses the site as a forum format, and does not need every thing to be a discussion. at least leave it as an option for the organizer to decide.

• LotBLotB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cherie, please note that this "blizzard" of an Idea is listed as "completed." Thus, if you were to have any concerns about the current format, you'd probably be better off starting a new suggestion.

• CherieCherie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not know what the old format was. Also,I am too computer illiterate to take advantage of the opportunities you so generously offer.

• KERRYKERRY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why would anyone design a program that does not work on blackberry's

• Joe SweeneyJoe Sweeney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see any date/time stamps on these posts, so I'm going to add my two cents worth. I've been designing websites for 15 years, and I subscribe to the policy of Keeping It Simple. I do not like the control Meetup is enforcing over layout, especially when I'm the one paying the Organizer fees.

• Virginia CookeVirginia Cooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm perfectly running Coasters Social Group on groupspaces now, and have no intention of returning to Meetup. Why should it be seen as superior to GS, and why would you consider returning to meetup when it gets it's act together? For me, there's more flexibility to move things around just as want them in GS.

• LauraLaura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completed? I hope not! I hate that the first thing that stands out to me are group pictures on the upper right of the screen and that underneath that are updates and new discussions that are very small. The left part of the screen is just wasted space with what the categories chosen by the organizer of what the meetup is about and then all the other groups members can possibly join. I hate that you can't click next page to view past meetups, especially when you are looking for a specific event. Why do you have to keep clicking "more"? It's stupid. I shut down my group until I see improvements from meetup. So now all I see is an obnoxious light bulb as a reminder to schedule an event. Why can't you skip the enormous light bulb and just list Recent Meetups for those groups who haven't yet scheduled new meetups? Until I see a version remotely similar to the old format, I will not renew my group on meetup. I am still sticking with GroupSpaces.com until you stop apologizing for the fact you screwed up and return to the old format.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 244 245

Feedback and Knowledge Base